2. Sear them in a hot pan with a touch of olive oil until cooked to your taste. (Rest the meat on a plate to let it relax after cooking),
3. Finely chop the lemongrass, coriander and chilli.
4. Grate the palm sugar.
5. Grate the ginger root.
6. Place lemongrass, coriander, chilli and palm sugar in a mixing bowl.
7. Put grated ginger into a small square of muslin and squeeze the juice into the bowl. (Only use the juice in this dish and keep the ginger for another dish or add to rice when cooking it to make ginger rice).
8. Add Thai Fish Sauce, sesame oil, light soy sauce and a touch of salt and pepper.
9. Mix well and adjust this dressing to your taste. You should achieve a good balance between the salty, sweet & spicy flavours in the dressing.
10. Now that the dressing is done, chop the red capsicum into fine dice.
11. Coarsely chop the basil, mint and rocket together and toss in the capsicum.
12. Add to the dressing in the bowl and mix well.
13. Now that your steaks have rested, sliced them thinly and add them to the dressing and salad mix.
14. Plate up your salad and serve.
This is a very versatile recipe as you can serve it as finger food, entrée, as part of a buffet or a light main course.